All voluntary organisations inevitably rely on volunteers to make it work. Hertbeats currently has a number of volunteer vacancies. The list below gives the roles and gives some idea of the tasks.
If you, or someone you know, could help to fill theses vacancies then contact our Chairman, Brian York,
Telephone 01727 854072
- Provide overall leadership of Hertbeats
- Co-ordinate and monitor the Group’s activities
- Work closely with the Secretaries and Treasurer
- Chair all Group and Committee meetings
- Take decisions requiring urgent response
- Liaise with ‘outside bodies’, e.g. NHS and sister cardiac support groups
- Run Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Committee meetings
- Maintain affiliation process with the British Heart Foundation (BHF)
- Maintain the five Hertbeats policy statements
- Coordinate sending group email news to all members
- Be the contact for other cardiac support groups and Hertbeats’ affiliates
- Manage the membership database using Excel spreadsheet
- Organise the annual membership renewal and payment process
- Print address labels for Newsletter etc.
- Report on membership gains and losses
- Maintain the leaflet set comprising 34 leaflets and forms.
Create, organise and implement a programme of Outings for Members to tourist attractions, stately homes, plays and musicals. etc
- Maintain list of all Hertbeats members interested in joining Outings
- Advise members of forthcoming events and how to book them
- Book venues, obtain tickets and book coach or other transport
- Coordinate payment from members and pay venues
- Use Hertbeats’ extensive publicity materials such as leaflets and videos
- Give presentations on Hertbeats to ‘outside organisations’, mainly associated with the NHS
- Give tabletop displays at relevant events
- Promote Hertbeats to local media, especially press and radio
- Issue press releases and photographs when applicable
- Monitor and maintain Hertbeats website links from and to the site.